03 March 2017

A slight change in scenery...


Last month, I made the decision that I was going to start on a new Nutrition Journey.  I picked up a copy of "The Whole 30" and started reading.

Although there is a LOT of great information in the book, and the program looks amazing, it's not exactly what I am looking for, right now.

In my blog post last month I was looking for a plant-based diet to help heal my body and get me started on the right track.  I referenced a documentary I watched called "Forks over Knives."  In this documentary it shows how a plant-based (aka Vegan) diet can heal and prevent all types of illnesses and disease.

Now, I'm not big on Vegan... I LOVE me a cheeseburger, but I desperately need to look for something new.  At least something that will help me reset my system.  For now, I am moving to more whole foods and lean meats.  Lean meats aren't Vegan, obviously, but I'm taking baby steps!

My next step will be to completely reset my system by using The Ultimate Reset.  Full disclosure, I do promote and sell this product.  I've seen a lot of success stories - which you can view on the link provided.  I have some research to do before I begin the 21 day program.  I'm also really looking forward to completing my current program Body Beast !  I'm only on day 5 of the 60 day program, and I am enjoying every second.

Body Beast isn't just for guys who want to "make gains" - that means get huge muscles in the fitness industry 🤣 - it's also geared towards women who want a head-turning physique!  Who doesn't want a head-turning physique?

Thus, my nutrition journey is not cancelled, I've simply made a right turn and am started down a better fitting road!  The Body Beast nutrition plan is great for me.  I get to eat more food than my previous program - like 21 Day Fix or Cize.  With those program aiming at weight loss, Body Beast aims for gains!  To build muscle, you need to eat!  And the best part is that the muscle you build will help burn the fat you don't want.

**Ladies, I am not saying "build muscle" as in "get big."  I am saying build muscle as in feel great, feel strong, and look amazing!

Now, don't think that pizza and cupcakes are going to get you to the physique you want.  THEY WON'T!  But I wish they would!

You need to literally watch what you eat.  Are you eating too many carbs? - Whole grain bread and pasta, rolled oats, yams, etc.  Which is why it's great that Body Beast has been tailored to incorporate the Portion Fix Containers.

These containers have simplified my life...  Instead of counting calories, I count colors!  For example, here's a pic of the different calorie categories and how they adapt to the Fix containers!

Personally, I fall into the 2,000-2,199 calorie category.  When I saw 9 yellows (Carbs) I can't lie, I jumped for joy!  While you Build and Bulk, you are breaking down your muscles and building them back up.  Your body needs a lot of fuel during these stages...

I found this inside the Team Beachbody Message Boards.  It's a break down of how the Macro-nutrients are broken down.


Beast Macros:

Build Phase

Macro-nutrient Ratios: Protein: 25% Carbs: 50% Fat: 25%

Bulk Phase

Macro-nutrients: 25% Carbs: 50% Fat: 25%

Beast Phase
Calories: Recalculated based on body fat and weight measured after Phase 2, but at a calorie deficit to reduce body fat.

Macro-nutrients: Protein: 40% Carbs: 30% Fat: 30% 


50% carbs usually is NOT what you are looking for in a diet, but I do know that body builders often do this during a Bulk Phase.  Now seeing as I'm not looking to be huge, I will watch my progress in the first stage and adjust in the second if I feel my carbs are just too high!

I'm totally excited for this program... as a matter of fact, I'm off right now to do today's workout!

Post a Comment

© Katie Jessup. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.