13 February 2017

The start of my nutrition journey!


August 2015, the journey to physical fitness took charge.  I began on my journey to become a better woman, a better mother, a better friend, and a better human.  Needless-to-say, it's been a struggle!  Donuts are too delicious, and burgers with fries are too American.  But I have enjoyed a number of zucchini dishes and cocktail-less nights that make the small victories all worth it.

This past week, my sister introduced me to a documentary - Forks over Knives - on Netflix.  I reluctantly stopped binge watching my second round of Gilmore Girls to humor her and watch FOK at her request.

OH-EM-GEE!  I've always known that a plant-based diet is super important.  3-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day right?!  Well, I never actually got around to upping my fruit/veggie intake - within the past 18 months - to the recommended amount.  The culprit to my failed attempt at 6 pack abs, I'm sure!

This all leads me to my new commitment.  Not only is it important to focus on your physical fitness, but it is imperative to design a diet that fuels your body and doesn't just entertain your taste-buds!  Enter - The Whole 30.  I've heard amazing things about this program.  I'm looking to learn ALL I can about adding plants to my diet, and maybe even going Vegan.  

Slow down Nancy - Vegan is a huge step for this chick right here!  Can you image a life without burgers and fries?!  I can't... however, after watch FOK, it's definitely something to think about!

I'm looking forward to my new journey!  I'm hoping to share it with you all right here.  So please, come back, share in the comments if you've done the Whole 30 Program, or if you want to do it together, maybe we can connect!

Here is where I usually wish myself the best, but this time I am going to Pray for God to give me strength!


Post a Comment

© Katie Jessup. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.