25 November 2017

How many Hours have you lost?!?!


Tick Tock goes the clock...

Hours go by and we literally have NO IDEA what we just did!!  I fall into this trap often.  My sight goes wonky, and my brain feels fuzzy...

Has this happened you??

I've spent the past 14 hours on the computer working... or have I?

To be honest, about 4 hours were probably spent working and the rest... lost between the computer, the phone, and TV.  It's just makes you feel awful.

So what do we do about it!?  How can we slay-at-home mama ensure that we don't fall into this trap too often?

1. Planners - Not my forte but it's something to try!  I can tell you, when I have used a planner, I have been more productive in my day.  The only down side was having to outline each day...  which brings me to...

2. To-Do lists - But more than this, it's like a schedule.  I have been in several online businesses and each calls for a certain lingo, a certain type of schedule, and a certain consistent feel... so with each business I'd find a to-do list/schedule that worked best for me.  And a lot of the time, crafty team members are right there handing the beautifully designed documents out for free!  Because #sisterhood #bossbabes!  We help each other, it's why Direct Sales is so f'n badass!!

OR

3. Regular To-do lists - If you can just jot some ish down on paper and go to town killin' it at your business, allow me to praise you now!  I'm the girl who's loosing the to-do list 3 minutes after she writes it because it was on the post it that I didn't see get stuck to my daughters book bag... I don't know how it happened either!  But power to you girlfriend if this is your focus route!

4. Apps!  Yes, there are even apps that can get you organized and not he straight 'n' arrow (straight and narrow... how does that saying go anyway?).   There's Notes, Reminder, Wunderlist, Calendar (of any kind), and so much more!

But what goo are any of these if you don't know what to write down?!

Right now, I can honestly say, my brain is full!  I need to do a brain dump... 

Yes a BRAIN DUMP.  

I need to get all the crap I am thinking about on to paper and out of my head!  START HERE!  Then once all the clutter is out of your head and on the paper, start to break it down.  What is your priority?  Business wise... not party wise!  List everything from "most important" to "this can wait."

Next, take the top 3 priorities and break those down too.  How many micro steps can you create to make the big bad scary task seem small and doable?!

Then, EXECUTE!  Get to work!  Priority 1-3, and if you have time, start knocking off 4-30...

Have a Priority for every day, and work your way down the list... but don't ever expect to have it all done!  Nope, the list will be added to each day, just as more things will be crossed off the list!  It's an ongoing master list of all you need to accomplish to have a successful business!

So get to it!  Action is the way to your Dreams.

Post a Comment

© Katie Jessup. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.