17 March 2017

Do you suffer from depression too?

Earlier this week, I wrote a post on my FB page ...

I felt really good that day!  I feel really good today too!

Depression is a sneaky bitch.  She comes up on ya all slow, may even say a quick "Sup Girl" and walk away... but she's always behind your back just out of view. 

My post mentioned a job position that I thought I had landed - the company legit offered me the job and NEVER called back!  I didn't realize it then, but it sent me into a fit of depression. 

When I saw this job ad, I thought that doing something for me and for the betterment of puppies would be a feel good addition to my day... Yes!  My job would have been to take care of, play with, groom, and clean up puppies! 

Do you see why I was so upset about not getting a call back?

It still urks me that I don't know WHY they didn't call.  Part of me wants to go into their store and ask, but I spoke to so many different people that I'm not sure who to even ask for!

The depression had me good this time... I wasn't even aware that she had me hostage!  I started falling back into old patterns... JUNK FOOD! Games on my phone, binge watching SO MUCH tv, and even ignoring my Little One 😢.  

Thankfully, Lily's competition season was coming up - FAST!  I needed to refocus my energy to her, getting her things prepared, and getting her to the venue ready to dance...

Did I mention Lily's never danced in a Competition before?  This was her first ever, so our nerves were on overdrive!

She did AMAZING!!

If you know anything about dance, you know the scoring is a little hard to keep up with at first...

Photo Credit: Addison Makenzie Photography
~Lily's small group won 1st Place, High Gold & 5th Overall!

~Photogenic age 3-5 also got Lily a 1st Place Gold

I couldn't be more proud of my babygirl!

And so thankful to her love for dance!  If Lily didn't have a competition last weekend, who knows if I would have been jolted out of my depression or not. 

It's hard, but I have to be more self-aware of when the sneaky depression bitch pops up again.  Wearing a mask of past comforts to lure me into her trap.  I'm also back at therapy, so that is always a plus!

It's tough this thing we suffer with.  It's tough when we get stuck, sometimes not knowing how to get out.  It's tough going through the process sometimes.

But, you know what else is tough?!

WE ARE!

We are Badasses!  (Check out this book!). We how the power inside of us to overcome... and I believe in you 😉

Post a Comment

© Katie Jessup. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.