19 May 2017

Growth and Understanding

Yesterday, when I saw this picture on FB, I thought how amazing the outlook of this man towards his wife.

"Men are so worried that marriage will leave them with 'only one woman' for the rest of their lives.  That's simply not true.  I fell in love with a 19 year-old rock climber, married a 20 year-old animal lover, started a family with a 24 year-old mother, then built a farm with a 25 year-old homemaker, and today I'm married to a 27 year-old woman of wisdom.  If you're mind is healthy, you'll never get tired of "one woman."  You'll actually become overwhelmed with how many beautiful version of her you get to marry over the years.  Don't say no to marriage, say yes and keep saying yes until the day you die.  #DaleyWisdom."

This man knows what is up!  Flipping the scenario around, I personally never thought that it was a burden to be with "one man."  When I was younger, I was filled with excitement about "the one."  I couldn't wait to meet him!  I couldn't wait to find out who God put on this Earth just for me.

Then I got older, and I got hurt.  And then I got hurt again. And then I got hurt again.  The excitement of meeting "the one" is cloaked in fear of getting hurt again.  As well as, my daughter getting hurt in the process.  Fear kills all hope.

When fear paralyzes you, it's time to grow and understand on a personal level so that when you meet a man who's interested in be "the one" you and he can grow and understand together.

Almost every day I am reminded why my marriage didn't work out.  I can be in pain, upset, down.  I share this vulnerability with my ex, half out of habit and half out of not having someone else available.  My pain is never met with empathy, it's never met with understanding.  Literally speaking to him makes me feel about 1,000 times worse 90% of the time.

This is totally self-abuse.  I know the outcome will NOT be what I am looking for.  But as the bible says about forgiveness - not 7 times but 77 times - meaning that we are to forgive... ALWAYS.  And my turning to someone who I know will not be there for me, is, I guess, my way of forgiving and giving him another chance.  And this is where I will welcome the wisdom of the Dalai Lama -
Forgiveness doesn't mean forget what happened... if something is serious and it is necessary to take counter-measures, you have to take counter-measures.
 I can forgive for my own personal well being... I can never forget the pain that was caused... my counter-measure is to simply take care of myself from now on.

It's important for me to find a man like the one who shared such wisdom in his post.  Women grow and develop, we change, we evolve.  Learn us, Love us, Laugh with us!

Post a Comment

© Katie Jessup. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.