15 February 2017

My wonderful Valentine!




How was you Valentine's Day?  Great I hope!  Mine was amazing.  Still like any other Tuesday, Lily went to school, then to dance class, and then home.  Nothing special. 

But Valentine's Day isn't about anything special, IMO.  It's just a reminder to LOVE!

Whether you participate in Valentine's day and it's various gifts to give - card, candies, flowers, jewelry, proposals , etc. - or not, you can't help but remember LOVE.  And isn't that a wonderful thing, no matter what?

"A holiday invented by Hallmark."  "A couple's holiday."  "A waste of a holiday." All arguable, with evidence to prove it's truth.  However, I didn't buy a Hallmark card this year, I am not a "Couple," and it was a day like any other for me.  The difference, was that I remembered to hug my daughter a little tighter, I remembered to appreciate the people and things I care for a little more, and I remembered that in the grand scheme of things, I'm a but one of 7 billion people on this Earth. 

And ALL WE NEED IS LOVE!

So if you missed out on the spirit of yesterday, try to remember, next year, that Valentine's day may be a "fake holiday" but you can make it a day to remember LOVE 💞


Post a Comment

© Katie Jessup. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.